I really wasn't able to watch the SONA on TV. I wanted to see her doing the speech, she really suchs on camera you know, hehe. Heres some of the ICT related areas that she mentioned.

"Texting is a way of life. I asked the telecoms to cut the cost of messages between networks. They responded. It is now down to 50 centavos."

-Well im not sure how this affects my quality of life. Sure, the 50% discount is a big cut, the question is does the majority of texters subscribe regular loads. I myself dont, for the reasons that there are promotional loading prices that are less costly and has also extra load for other networks, such as all-text 20. It would be better if this promotional prices would be also cut in half.

"Our P 350 million training partnership with the private sector should qualify 60,000 for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development, which have a projected demand of one million workers generating $13 billion by 2010."

-Wow asa ning mga private sector kay muapil ko! This will greatly help those people benifited. With the government's help their training (I assumed) will cost less and their skills will be develop to a certain standard. The $13 billion dallors will be of great help to our country since this crisis would still cripple us further than 2010. This will really improve my quality of life kung mapasama ako sa 1million workers mentioned above.