If I would consider having the System Development Life Cycle to be my guide in achieving my goals in life, I will use an adaptive approach. Why? Because we cannot fully predict what will happen in our life. In order for us to success in our chosen careers we must first pass our chosen course then followed by finding a job and do well in it. With those goals now in place I will use the steps in my SDLC to achieve those goals.

Planning:
We cannot predict the future; we can only plan for it. So by planning we can determine what to do in order to achieve those goals. My plan would be to focus on my priorities, be disciplined, and work hard.

Put into action (implementation):
No matter how good the plan is if not implemented. It is no use. Once the plan is into action I must excel in what I expected in my planning.

Evaluation:
It is the most important part of the process. Because by evaluating or assessing how things went will guide me in what I should do next whether I should work harder or should I slow down. Also by evaluating I can identify my strengths and weaknesses.

Maintenance:
Just like in a system everything that we have planned and put into action must be maintained. This way we can improve our strengths and compensate better for our weaknesses.